GSIS is a registered non-profit organisation and depends on tuition fees and government subsidies to finance the school’s operational costs. GSIS recognizes that over time, existing facilities will need enhancements, additions and replacement in order to maintain and continue to improve the overall school environment for our students. GSIS’s debenture scheme was conceived to meet the cost of major capital projects and provide for the sustainability of GSIS into the future.
- One debenture for each child attending GSIS must be either nominated or acquired before entry.
- The deadline to purchase a debenture for students starting at GSIS is specified in the offer letter.
- Debentures can only be purchased after a place has been offered to the child .
- A debenture must be purchased if the student is not the nominee of an existing debenture.
- A re-allocated debenture must be upgraded to the current value, as necessary, prior to the student starting at GSIS.
A complete debenture application form plus cheque (to be made out to The German Swiss International School Foundation Ltd) must be sent to GSIS, as follows:
German Swiss International School
11 Guildford Road
The Peak, Hong Kong
With effect from 1 August 2017, there are two types of debentures available for prospective students who are offered a place.
- Standard Debenture (Refundable)
Value: HKD 500,000
- The value of the Standard Debenture is refunded when the student leaves the school, subject to the debenture conditions.
- Existing debentures which are unallocated to a student and which have a nominal value of less than the current value must be upgraded in value when the debenture is allocated to a student. This also applies for returning students whose original debenture has remained active.
- Refer to Standard Debenture Conditions for further information
In situations where, after acceptance of a place, a student does not begin his or her school term at GSIS, or in situations where a student is withdrawn from GSIS within six months after the start of his or her school term, a levy representing 20% of the nominal value of the Standard Debenture will be charged and is payable immediately upon issuance of the respective invoice.
- Development Debenture (Non-Refundable)
Value: HKD 432,250
- Development Debentures are non-refundable when a student leaves the school, i.e. the value of the debenture effectively becomes a donation to the school for the school’s Campus Development Project.
- On a student leaving the school, the debenture shall retain a nominal value of HKD 1.00, granting the owner of the debenture entry priority for subsequent student nominations (after student passes entry assessments). Development Debentures must be upgraded to the current value when being allocated for subsequent student nominations.
- Refer to Development Debenture Conditions for further information
The school reserves the right to change the value of its debentures without any prior notice. The Board will determine the value of debentures for the next school year at any time during the current school year.
The redemption of Standard Debentures is subject to Clause 6 of the school’s debenture conditions. Debentures issued in an employer’s name may only be presented for redemption during February or September in any year. In principle and where applicable, debentures can only be presented for redemption after the relevant student has left the school and all outstanding charges have been paid to The German Swiss International School Association Ltd. Any outstanding amount including but not limited to outstanding school fees, charges and levies may be deducted from the face value of the debenture as per debenture conditions.
Should you wish to redeem your debenture, please submit the original debenture certificate with a letter requesting redemption to:
Accounts Department: Raymond Keung
The German Swiss International School Foundation Ltd
11 Guildford Road
The Peak, Hong Kong
German Swiss International School Association Ltd
As a member of The German Swiss International School Association Ltd, you can contribute to the operations of the school and be instrumental in introducing improvements to make our school even better. As a member of The German Swiss International School Association Ltd, you have the right to vote at the general meetings, and participate in the affairs of The German Swiss International School Association Ltd. Subject to the approval of the Board, membership of The German Swiss International School Association Ltd is open to all natural persons over the age of 21 who are not GSIS staff. For more information, please click here.
German Swiss International School Foundation Ltd
Debenture holders whose names have been registered in the Register of Debentures are voting members of the German Swiss International School Foundation Ltd, the corporate body that owns the school buildings.
In this section
- Admissions and School Fee Information Sheet 2019-2020 [ENG] | [DE]
- Transitioning from Kindergarten to Vorschule / Vorschule to Primary: Cut-Off Date Regulations