Official Notice Period
- A parent who wishes to withdraw their child from GSIS must submit a written notice directly to the Admissions Manager responsible for the specific language Stream, giving a minimum of 60 days before the student’s last day at GSIS, excluding the months of July and August. A Head of Department and or a Class Teacher cannot accept a withdrawal notice, whether final or provisional.
- Late Notice Levy will be charged in lieu of the 60 days’ withdrawal period.
- The School reserves the right to deduct outstanding school fees and other unpaid invoices from the value of the Debenture being held.
- With the exception of the period from 1st May until 30th June, GSIS will accept a provisional notice of withdrawal in situations where it is not certain whether the student will continue at GSIS.
- Should a student subsequently leave the School mid-year, after a provisional withdrawal notice has been submitted, the date of the receipt of the provisional withdrawal notice will be used to calculate the notice period.
- A provisional withdrawal notice not confirmed in writing by 30th April will be cancelled by the School and it will be accepted that the student is remaining at GSIS for the following academic year. If it is subsequently decided that a student will not continue at GSIS for the following academic year, a new written withdrawal must be submitted and is subject to the same terms and conditions outlined under the section “Official Notice Period” above, including the pro-rated late notice levy.
- A provisional withdrawal notice can be revoked at any time by a parent if it is decided that their child will remain on at GSIS. Written confirmation of the parents’ intentions should be submitted directly to the Admissions Manager responsible for the specific language Stream at GSIS.
Please ensure that all textbooks, library books and other property of GSIS are returned before your child leaves GSIS. In cases of outstanding school fees and other unpaid invoices, the school reserves the right to withhold the student's school report. Provided all items belonging to GSIS are returned and outstanding financial matters settled, a leaving certificate will be handed out to your child on the last school day.
Please let us know a forwarding address so that we may contact you if necessary, send you yearbooks and enrol you into GSIS alumni program.
- The redemption of Standard Debentures is subject to Clause 6 of the School’s Debenture conditions.
- Debentures issued in an employer’s name may only be presented for redemption during February or September in any year.
- In principle, and where applicable, a Debenture can only be presented for redemption after the student has left the school and all outstanding charges have been paid to the German Swiss International School Association Ltd. as well as the German Swiss International School Foundation Ltd. Any outstanding amount including, but not limited to, outstanding school fees, charges and levies may be deducted from the face value of the Debenture.
To redeem a Debenture, the original Debenture certificate should be submitted, together with a letter requesting redemption, to:
The German Swiss International School Foundation Ltd
11 Guildford Road
The Peak, Hong Kong