Programm Pok Fu Lam
Chargeable / Non-chargeable Programme (AA/ECA)
- All courses can be booked through our Online Booking System, called SchoolsBuddy.
- Courses are generally booked twice in the academic year. Term 1 will start after the autumn break, Term 2 will start after the Chinese New Year holidays and run until the summer.
- School buses leave at 2:00 pm.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Courses will only take place if there are a sufficient number of participants.
- The school reserves the right to cancel activities should the staff or venue be required for other purposes.
- In the event of the cancellation of an activity for whatsoever reason, the students and their parents will be informed directly.
- The students will have the opportunity to have a lunch break from 12:30 pm to 12:50 pm. Eating and drinking is only allowed in designated areas.
- By enrolling in a course with GSIS, you agree that your child will follow the rules and regulations set out by GSIS and the coaches.
- You also agree that you will not hold GSIS responsible for any injuries that may be sustained during the sessions and for any lost or damaged property.
- A participant can be expelled from an activity for unruly behaviour.
- In the event of Typhoon Warning Signal No 8 or higher, black rainstorm warning or red rainstorm warning being hoisted, all activities for the whole day will be cancelled. The school’s policy on bad weather will apply. If a Typhoon Warning Signal 3 occurs, all Kindergartens will close. Other school activities will operate as usual unless advised otherwise. For children who live on the outlying island, parents will decide on a case-by-case basis if it is safe for their children to go to school.
- GSIS students are insured within the current limits against accidents while attending GSIS ECAs/AAs.
Non-chargeable Programme only (ECA = extra-curricular activities)
- To complement our academic programme, GSIS offers extra-curricular activities (ECAs). These lessons are free of charge; however, once you have enrolled your child in the programme, these lessons become part of the school day and your child is expected to attend on a regular basis.
- At the Pok Fu Lam Campus, GSIS offers term-based non-sport ECAs.
Chargeable Programme only (AA = afternoon activities)
- All AAs are booked twice in the academic year.
- Full refund will not be given for any other reason than cancellation by GSIS or serious illness of a student (supported by medical certificate). Only written requests will be considered. An administration fee of HKD 200 will be withheld.
- Cancellation and full refund requests will only be granted if made within the duration of the booking week.
- For individual lessons cancelled due to coach/teacher absence, a refund will be issued or a make-up session arranged.
- No refunds will be given for activities cancelled due to bad weather, school closure by the government or any other unforeseen circumstances outside of the school's control.
- All fees paid are non-refundable once the course has commenced; unless the reason for a cancellation and/or refund falls under Points 2-5.