Teaching internships form an integral part of education at German Universities. German schools abroad can also take part in this programme and provide various internship opportunities. For more information about teaching internships in the German Stream at GSIS please switch to the German version of this page by clicking the flag at the top, or click here.
We also accept applications from non-German-speaking candidates for teaching internships in the English Stream. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trainee teachers have to be enrolled at a University.
- For a teaching internship in the German Stream, the applicant must be enrolled for study in "Lehramt für Grundschulen oder Gymnasien".
Candidates for the English Stream must be studying for teaching qualifications.
- In particular cases internships are also possible in the administration department of our school.
- During the internship the trainee will not receive any funding for teaching or housing.
How to Apply
If you are interested in an internship at GSIS, please send the following documents to email@example.com
- Cover letter with specific dates of desired commencement and termination of the internship
Interns from overseas need a training visa for their internship in Hong Kong. The school will assist you with the application.
For more details please have a look at the German version of our website or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this page you will find some useful information for your stay in Hong Kong.
GSIS unfortunately cannot compensate interns, therefore please be advised that you will have to cover all expenses yourself. This includes for examples:
- air fare
- meal costs
Accomodation in Hong Kong can be quite expensive and finding a good place to stay is not so easy. Even a small room can cost about HK$ 3000 per month. We advise that you look for accomodation before coming to Hong Kong.
It is a good idea to subscribe to the trainee-newsletter from the German Chamber of Commerce as it contains rooms on offer. (email@example.com)
Some useful websites:
- hongkong.asiaxpat.com/property/properties.asp?type=2 (Flatsharing)
- Settling Into Hong Kong (.pdf brochure compiled by the Community Advice Bureau)
Good luck with the preparations. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.