Admissions Office Address:
German Swiss International School – Peak Campus
11 Guildford Road, The Peak, Hong Kong SAR
Prior to your application, an admissions pack with relevant school information will be available.
To gain access and retrieve the admissions pack, please kindly submit your initial enquiry by completing the Pre-Application form by clicking the "New Applicants" button below. If you are a current GSIS family, please apply via the “Admissions Portal” using your existing Veracross login.
Parents who are interested in visiting the School will have an opportunity to join a guided tour to get an impression of GSIS (German Swiss International School). Please contact the respective Admissions Manager to arrange an appointment allowing at least two weeks’ notice, if possible.
The School will acknowledge receipt of the application via email and, subject to all details being completed, the student will join the waitlist for their year group of application. Arrangements may be made for a future entrance assessment in line with the assessment schedules.
A general condition for enrolment is the ability to follow classes in either German or English. The following guidelines apply:
||Children must have turned three (3) years of age by 31 August of the year of entry|
||Children must have turned five (5) years of age by 31 August of the year of entry|
If places are available in the German International Stream Kindergarten, children aged 2 years 8 months can be enrolled. Children have to be toilet-trained.
According to School Year
Provided that places are available in the English International Stream and following a successful entrance assessment, the School’s current admissions policy for either the German or the English International Stream gives priority to applicants as follows:
- German, Swiss or Austrian nationals
- Siblings currently attending GSIS
- Parent is a teacher at GSIS
- Existing, vacant Debenture-holders
- The date of receipt of a complete application
The School, however, reserves the right to decide whether or not a child is mature enough to join the School. Please note that in the English International Stream the priority system may also be applied when inviting applicants for an entrance assessment.
English International Stream: Kindergarten and Year One Primary School
Candidates for the English International Stream Kindergarten and Y01 will be assessed individually but within a group of up to eight children. The assessment schedule begins in January for entry in August of the same year.
English International Stream: Primary
English Primary Y02 to Y06 applicants will be invited to attend an assessment session between the months of November and March. The assessment session for applicants for Y02 onwards will include a written test for English and Mathematics as well as verbal English reading comprehension.
English International Stream: Secondary
Potential candidates of the English Secondary Department for the following school year will be invited for an entrance test and/or interview between the months of November and March.
- Please note that all assessment papers are kept confidential. They remain the property of GSIS and will not be released to any party. No examples of the test papers are available.
- When a vacancy arises during the year, the next applicant in line will be contacted to determine if continued interest in a place still exists. If so, a new entrance test and/or interview may be arranged before the place is confirmed.
- Once a place has been offered in either the German or English International Stream, the allocation or purchase of a Debenture must be finalized by the deadline date specified in the offer letter.
- The Principal of GSIS has the final approval of any admission.
- Provided certain criteria are met, changing Streams is possible at GSIS. Please contact the relevant Head of Department for further information.
- In accordance with regulations of the Education Department and Immigration Department, all students joining GSIS must be in possession of a valid Hong Kong ID card allowing unconditional stay or must have a valid passport with authorized residency status to be eligible for a place at GSIS. A visitor visa does not entitle the holder to attend any school in Hong Kong.
- Please note that it is mandatory for all students at the Pok Fu Lam Campus to use the school bus.
- The School will collect a registration fee, equivalent to one-month’s school fees, from all future students who have confirmed acceptance of a place for the academic year 2022/2023 as well as current students and students who joined in the academic year 2021/2022. Invoices for the registration fee will be sent to parents in March.
- The registration fee is offset against the first instalment of School fees. Should a student withdraw from the School before the start of the new academic year, the registration fee will be forfeited.
- All students on role at the start of or who join during the academic year 2021/2022 will be required to complete the online re-enrolment process, details of which will be emailed to parents in March. Completion of the re-enrolment process and payment of the registration fee will confirm the student’s place for the following academic year.
DISCLAIMER: For the avoidance of doubt, nothing contained in this information and related documents shall constitute an offer by German Swiss International School Association Limited. German Swiss International School Association Limited shall have the absolute discretion to decide whether to offer a vacancy to a particular candidate. The information contained herein and in the related documents (including but not limited to the class availability, timetables and locations of classes) may be changed from time to time by the German Swiss International School Association Limited.