We have over 20,000 resources in English, German and Mandarin for borrowing.
The junior library aims to:
- promote the love of literature
- enhance the students’ English and German
- support in the classrooms and the student’s learning
- integrate ICT into the curriculum
The junior library holdings include:
- Picture Books
- Young Fiction Books
- Fiction Books
- Young Adult Fiction Books
- Non-fiction Books
- Reference Books
- Mandarin Collection
- Parents Collection
- Hong Kong Collection
- GSIS Collection
Each class K01-K04 and Y02-Y06 comes once a week for a teaching lesson in the library. They may borrow books for 2 weeks. Kindergarten also comes weekly for reading time.
Parents are welcome to borrow up to 6 items for 2 weeks. To become a member simply fill in a Family Membership Form and return it to the junior library.
The GSIS Senior Library is an extended classroom and a guided learning area for all members of our community. We aim to create an active learning environment for our students.
- Collects, promotes, and facilitates access to resources on curriculum subjects and recreational interests in print and non-print formats
- Encourages students and staff to become competent users of information and independent lifelong learners
- Raises awareness of the intellectual and cultural heritage of our community while increasing international mindedness on campus
- Stimulates a love of reading, learning, and inquiry
- All students should follow GSIS Acceptable Use of Technology Agreement
- Students are asked to use the library with consideration. Any unnecessary noise, disturbance or inappropriate behaviour is prohibited
- All electronic devices should be set to silent or used with headphones
- The group study room can only be booked with the librarian’s approval
- No eating in the library
- A replacement fee will be charged for lost or damaged items